14/09/2011

Spicy Banana ! (કેળાનું શાક )

(કેળાનું શાક) 
Well, certainly you might be thinking I am going out of my mind for I just mixed two oddly contrastiing words 'spicy'  and 'banana'  together.

But trust me once you have made this super easy recipe you will not want to stop licking your fingers for Spicy Bananas is a great combination of sweet banana with some spices!

All you need is :

Ingredients:

Banana - half a dozen
Garlic Bulb - One whole
Green Chillie Pepper - 2
Turmeric Powder - 1 tea spoon
Salt - to taste
Red Chilli Powder - half tea spoon
Dhaniya-Jeera (Corainder/Caraway) Powder - 1 tablespoon

(Chopped Green Chilli Pepper and Crushed Garlic)

Method:
Cut Bananas into cubes. Scrape the banana peels from their insides.
Chope Green Chilli Pepper in big pieces. Chop half of the garlic cloves from the bulb and crush the remaining half.
In a non-stick deep frying pan heat some oil and add some jeera. After a minute or two add the chopped chillies and garlic. (CAUTION: Chilli seeds splutter quite instantly and you may burn so take care while you are performing this step)
Add the cubed bananas.


Now add salt, turmeric powder and Dhaniya Jeera powder. Mix well.


This is what it looks like once mixed well.
Spice Banana is now ready to be served with Chapatis!



Interesting Tip: Most kids and adults don't eat bananas. This is a good way to feed them bananas. It works at my place, so it can certainly work at yours!
Tell me whether or not it did! :)

7 COMMENTS:

Archana said...

Hey in Goa we make the sweet version with sugar, coconut and ghee this sounds an interesting variation.Will try it out.
Do check out my event and send me your entries.

Crumpled Chillies said...

Can you post the recipe with the sweet version on your blog? Would love to try it out!
And I'm surely participating in your event! :)

Veronica's Kitchen said...

I really think that this spicy banana would go very well with Indian bread. Lovely side dish!

Jay said...

sounds new n irresistable..will surely giv a try n let u know how it turned out with my kids..:)
At present I'm not hosting any event..sure your blog deserves more awards..:)
happy blogging..!
Tasty Appetite

Aditya Joshi said...

Looks delicious... I am sure it will taste equally good...

Anisha said...

I never thought the recipe is actually using the sweet bananas, this is so innovative!

MyKitchen Flavors-BonAppetit!. said...

Superb dish dear.Luv it really.

Post a Comment

We at CrumpledChillies are just verifying that you are a human not a robot spamming us!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...